Friday, March 13, 2009

Am I the only Aster blogger?

I don't want to be a blog hog, but in the absence of any news from my fellow Asters, I guess I shall have to bore you with a bit more of mine. I've been at Box Hill again today - drawing in the morning, colour experiments and handstitching in the pm, asleep on the couch in the evening! I'm back there again tomorrow for a workshop the focus of which is a bit vague but I believe will involve printing on fabric, using analogous and complimentary colours, and handstitching. There are several in the group who have not stitched much before so it is quite hard for them to learn the stitches and come up with a (small) sampler of 2 new stitches each week. For me, it is a great way to relax and get reacquainted with the tremendous potential of surface stitchery.

Cheers, and good luck for the meeting tomorrow.
Astermazz

3 comments:

  1. Hi everyone,

    I don't know of this will work. So let's see!!! we have had Peter's brother and his wife to stay with us at Potato Point for the past week and a bit. It has been great to see Mike and Alison after such a long time. (17 years for Peter and 22 years for me.

    I have not done any stitiching since getting ready for the exhibition except for s abit of mindless persian carpet work!

    But I have been taking many phots that have some potential fro designs - some rock formations and some lichen colours.

    Hope you are all well and still inspired!

    I will write again soon of this works.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPs sorry plenty of spelling errors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mazz are you able to post photos of what you are doing as well??? Would love to see your pieces!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete