Tuesday, March 17, 2009

So that astermazz isn't the only blogger....

Hi all,

Thought I'd ensure mazz wasn't feeling ignored or like the only aster around. I don't know that I have much stitching or design news as I spent the weekend in Lakes Entrance at my friends 'shave for a cure' event (a big night but a good one) where they managed to raise the team total to $22K! However I guess after putting up our work on the saturday I did manage to get inspired to start a 'label' for the back of a friends baby quilt which I'd not felt able to settle and do while the Aster pieces weren't completed and then got so obsessed that I finished it on the Sunday, stitched it on the quilt, mended a piece where someone's stitching hadn't quite caught and hey presto it was finished. I then mended two tops of mine and after that got out another quilt that I'd been making in memory of my previous dog, Daisy. Changed a few fabrics to liven it up and am doing a bit of work on it here and there.

However I have also been thinking about stitching and design in general as a friend's 50th is coming up and I decided that this year - without the Art for the Stitch commitment - I would endeavour to make all presents for friends and family!! As well as finish off some UFOs. Big plans hey.

I'm also getting back into the GLEW group at the guild (aka the evening giftshop working group) and if any of you have some time on the first thursday of the month it would be great to have you along too - anytime from 6.30pm at the guild.

that's it for now, hope to hear from you all soon and I shall attach more photos over the next week (is there anyone who doesn't want their work on here?).

cheers, asterbelle

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodie - some great news although I felt quite exhuasted at the end by the level of activity described. Well done Belle - what a busy Aster you are!

    PS I took more photos on Monday evening and have my camera here at work; hope to have a few minutes to put up the pics soon.
    Astermazz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Belle on you hive of activity. Are you able to put some pics onto the blog of this great achievement?

    Sue

    ReplyDelete